What’s Ration Card?
A Ration Card is a document issued under an order or authority of the State Government, as per the Public Distribution System, for the purchase of essential goods from fair price shops. State Governments issue distinctive Ration Cards to Above Poverty Line, Below Poverty Line and Antyodaya families and conduct journal review and checking of Ration Cards.
A Ration Card is a veritably useful document for Indian citizens. It helps save plutocrat by abetting in the procurement of essential goods at a subsidised rate. It has also come an important tool of identification now-a-days. You may need to produce a dupe of your Ration Card as evidence of identification when applying for other documents like Domicile Certificate, for addition of your name in the Electoral Rolls,etc.
Families living below the poverty line are entitled to Blue Cards, under which they can mileage special subventions. In addition to endless Ration Cards, States also issue temporary Ration Cards, which are valid for a specified number of months, and are issued for relief purposes.
Why is a Ration Card important?
Ration Card is amongst one of the most important documents for every person in India; this document is handed on an order or authority of the State Government. Now, you can apply for Ration card online veritably fluently in simple and also you can check Ration card status online.
Ration card details give an important evidence of Identity and Residence of citizens, it also used as evidence of applying for making a Domicile instrument, Birth Certificate, Voter ID cardetc. you can also check Ration card details by name
Ration cards offer identification as well entitle the holder to a Ration of food, energy, or other goods issued by the Government of India. They’re primarily used when copping subsidized foodstuffs (wheat, rice, sugar) and kerosene.
The cards are applied in the state you belong to. We can help you with the form and compendium of documents. This will help you sort out the process snappily and easily. So go ahead, let us help you!
Which are the Different Types of Ration Cards Issued in India?
Different types of Ration cards are present in India. The state government categorises people and issues different Ration cards according to the orders. In 2013, The National Food and Security Act (NFSA) was passed to give a certain volume and quality food to people at affordable prices. The NFSA provides two types of Ration cards for all the countries in the country.
• Above Poverty Line (APL)-The Government will issue APL Cards (White Colour) to the families having total income above Rs per annum.
• Below Poverty Line (BPL)- Families having a total family income below Rs per annum have been linked under this order.
• Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY)-Household with a impaired grown-up and no assured means of subsistence, landless labourers, borderline growers, crafters, craft men, widows, terminally ill personsetc. are covered under this scheme.
• Annapurna Yojana (AY)-Under this scheme, a destitute person with further than 65 times of age having no source of income and not serving the benefit of public Old Age Pension or State Pension Scheme can mileage 10 Kg of food grains free of cost every month.
What is the National Food and Security Act (NFSA)?
The National Food and Security Act (NFSA) legally entitled up to 75% of the rural population and 50% of the urban population to receive subsidised foodgrains under the Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS). The TPDS aims to provide and address the issue of food security in households through the TPDS. The NFSA reforms in the TPDS, including schemes such as cash transfers for provisioning of food entitlements.
Required Documents for New Ration Card
• Copy of aadhar card
• Copy of the first page of bank passbook
• Photo of all the family members
• Passport Size Photo of the head of family
• Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)